18 August 2009

Adobe Auto Updates.... I Hate Them :x

Hi Friends.

You must be thinking, why should I hate automatic updates from Adobe. Infact I would hate all kind of automatics updates which happen over the internet. The only reason behind this is my bandwidth limit provided to me by my ISP. It is just 1.5GB per month. That means per day 50MB.

Now most of the applications does allow us to prevent the automatic updates by changing it in their settings. But I never found any settings to stop Adobe automatic updates for all adobe applications. Finally I found the hidden trick to kill Adobe automatic updates.

Follow the step by step instructions below and you too can get rid of adobe auto updates.(Only for Windows OS)

1. Open the C drive, Go to Program files, Open Common Files folder,

2.There you find Adobe folder, open it.

3.There you find Updater5 folder, open that.

4.Double click on AdobeUpdater.exe, it will check for available updates, then after that you will find preferences option, There you find a check box to cancel auto updates. Just cancel it and click OK. You are done.

So now I can save some of my bandwidths. Yeahooooo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, Lets have a discussion :)