17 August 2008

ORKUT..MOBILE..AND LOVE--Point Of No Return!!

TO READ FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE
~*~*~*~*
"Hello!, what's going on your side," Rahul said as he jumped from the bed. "You know am almost dead."
"I can understand dear and infact these days without speaking to you was just like a hell for me." Preethi sounded as if she was crying.
"Oh common," Taking a long breath. "Now do tell me what happened to you."
"Well actually my mobile monthly bill and you can guess the rest,"Her voice trembled as she spoke. "Mom came to know about our daily long conversation and she took away my cell phone.Returned just today with a warning."
"Our long conversation....huh...." Rahul murmured.
"Why what happened, You don't believe me?"
"Nothing like that. Can I ask you one thing?"
"Ask me anything sweetheart..I love you and I missed you a loooooooooooot."
"Who is Rihan?"
"Rihan??" Preethi spoke as if she was confused. "He is my friend in orkut.But why are you asking about him to me that too now?"
"Just like that," Rahul continued. "You talk to him through phone regularly?"
"He used to ring me at sometimes.That's it.Anything wrong? You sound as if you are hiding something from me?" Preethi said.
"Do not lie to me for any reason dear.." Rahul sounded as though he was crying. "Please make it clear what's between you and Rihan?"
"Sweetheart. I just love you and Rihan is just my friend through orkut.Nothing else.That's all I can say to you." She firmed her tone.

And as usual Rahul believed whatever Preethi had said to him.The three words always did the magic on him and this time too.Rahul was the happiest in the world today.He got his Preethi back which he thought he had lost forever.


This time they had taken a decision.And that is not to have regular phone calls so that the same problem doesn't arise again.And from then on everything went normal.Rahul and Preethi started living their so called sweetheart relation.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Rahul returned from the college.He took off his jacket and his shoes and loosened his tie.Logged into gmail to check some important mails regarding his placement in some MNC.Unexpectedly at that time he got the call from Preethi.

"Hello my dear." He turned of the computer.
"Hi dear"
"So how was the day,How come at this time you call me?" asked Rahul.
"Days good.I need to talk to you one important mater." said Preethi.
"I know you love me."
"Please be serious" She said "You know Rihan right?"
"Yea your so called orkut friend." Rahul said casually. "What's up with him?"
"He proposed me today.." She said.
"Well if you speak so sweetly to everyone,anyone would fall in love with my dear. Poor Rihan..." He said kiddingly giggling all the way as he spoke.
"Why poor Rihan?" She asked.
"You must have broke his heart by rejecting his proposal." Rahul continued to giggle.
"I did not reject his proposal,neither did i accept." She said briskly.
"What..what do you mean by that..? The giggle was no more now from him.
"I mean..I said.." Giving a short pause. "I need time to decide."
"What the hell," He shrugged. "What's there to decide in it.You love me,I love you.
You just have to say no to him.So simple."
"It's not that simple for me.I just can't do that to him." She said.
"Why dear.What's wrong with you?" His voice was low now. "What happened to you."
"Rahul I love you very much and I expect you to understand me." She said. "Rihan, he loves me more than anything.I can't break his heart just like that."
"So what's in it..I love you more than my life.Doesn't that matter to you?" His heart pounded like an engine. "You surely gonna say no to him.then why make a delay dear."
"I don't know." She said.
"Do you love him?" Rahul asked.
"No I don't" She said.
"Well dear,that's it," Comforting himself he said. "Just say no to him."
"Sorry.I just can't say no to Rihan.Why don't you understand me. I don't want to hurt the poor guy by rejecting him." She said.
"What do you mean you don't want to hurt Rihan.You sound so different dear." Rahul fell on his knees.Tears rolled down his eyes.Everything went dark for him.He collapsed.
"I will call you back, Bye" Preethi dropped the call.

Rahul was nowhere now.sweat rolled down his forehead,his breath lost the rhythm.He felt so lonely in the dark room.Tears rolled down his cheeks and dropped into the floor.He sat there watching those liquids.
He couldn't wait longer.He rang back.But the call was on call waiting.He tried calling her later.But then the phone was switched off.Loneliness took over him.He didn't feel like having his dinner.He went to bed empty stomach.He couldn't sleep well.He woke up early and before Preethi's school timings he tried calling her.But then again the call was on waiting.
Rahul collapsed.He didn't know what to do.He just sat there on sofa lost in his thoughts,when suddenly his cell phone rang.

"Rahul..."It was Preethi.She was crying.
"Yea.So what's going on.Busy all the time." Rahul said.
"Actually I made the biggest blunder of my life." She said controlling her shaky voice.
"Blunder,What do you mean?" Rahul asked.
"You know na I love you and you too love me..right?" She said.
"Ofcourse I love you" Rahul replied.
"Fine.Then I hope you understand me."
"What's matter.Everything fine with you?" Rahul asked.His sound was sore.
"I accepted Rihan's Proposal.Poor thing was very much down to earth as I didn't give him any positive reply yesterday." She said.
"Please.." Rahul was confused. "Do not joke."
"I am not joking Rahul," She said. "I expect you to understand me and accept whatever it is."
"You mean to say, you love me and still accept his proposal.That bloody doesn't make any sense." Rahul shouted anguishly.
"Whatever you say," Preethi sounded differently. "I don't want to hurt Rihan in this matter.I have accepted his proposal and am bound to be his girlfriend from now on.And you Rahul..Well you have to understand it."
"Yea ...i have to understand it." Rahul murmured.
"You will have to forget me now." She continued.
"Can you forget me ?" Rahul fired the question back.
"That doesn't make any difference now.You have to forget me and move on in your life.forget everything which was between us.And am really sorry for this.i never expected this day to come." She spoke briskly and harshly.
"Will you be able to love Rihan?" Rahul asked.
"I will try..Infact i have to. He loves me so much you know." She replied.
"What about my love for you?" Rahul was full of questions.
"Please Rahul." She said. "No use of talking about that anymore.
"What about the promise which we made to maintain our sweetheart relation forever." Rahul's questions continued.
"No more sweetheart relation.You have to forget it and everything.Bye forever." And she dropped the call.

Rahul was nomore.He was similar to dead.The beautiful dream which he lived was nomore.Everything that made up Rahul disappeared from him.His smartness,his excellence in studies and sports,everything moved away from him.Or in other sense it can also be said that Rahul moved away from all these.

Days passed.Rahul didn't change.Always lost in his thoughts.Karan and Sangeetha tried their maximum to bring back the old happy go lucky Rahul to them.But all efforts in vain...

All these incidents seriously affected Rahul's life very much.he couldn't make a pass in two theory exams he wrote those days.And because of this is appointment in a major MNC was canceled.H is yet to complete his masters degree by clearing those two exams and still living a hopeless life.

(The End)

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well friends.How did you feel the story is? Do you feel like giving some suggestion to Rahul on how to move on in his life.You are free to do so by leaving your valuable comments below.Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, Lets have a discussion :)