09 December 2009

BrowserCMS - RoR Content management System

Hi
These days I am busy learning new technical stuffs from Rails framework to wordpress developments. Recently I am engaged with a project which is related to Rails Content Management System. And among the various content management systems available for Rails framework, I am doing this project in BrowserCMS.



Quoting the description about BrowserCMS's from their WiKi,


BrowserCMS is a general purpose, open source Web Content Management System (CMS), written in Ruby on Rails. It is designed to support three distinct groups of people:
  1. Non-technical web editors who want a humane system to manage their site, without needing to understand what HTML or even Rails is.
  2. Designers who want to create large and elegantly designed websites with no artificial constraints by the CMS.
  3. Developers who want create CMS driven websites for their clients, or add a CMS to their Rails applications.



The very first thing every developer would do is install the BrowserCMS system in their local server and once learn how to go about using it, then move on to installing the system over the server and deploy the application.


The funny part is , In my case it all began in a reverse order.


We have got hosting account from HostingRails, where as our client has got hosting account from WebbyNode.


Initially we configured the BrowserCMS on HostingRails which worked fine as we were successfull in deploying the BrowserCMS demo site. Later on we did the same over WebbyNode and were successfull there too.


As I wanted to work on this project on my local machine and later on deploy it over the server, I went ahead and tried installing it on my local server which was also a successful attempt.


In upcoming days I will be posting step by step instructions, how I was able to install BrowserCMS over localhost in my computer and also various technical aspects on BrowserCMS.


So if you are a rails developer and is interested about BrowserCMS, do get back to get more updates.

2 comments:

  1. BrowserCMS looks like a good content management system, but from what I've seen of it, (and I admit I haven't seen much) it's got a lot of bugs lurking around and there aren't too many resources on getting started with it. It's pretty new though and I expect it to be a major player among rails CMSes in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for a training management system with brief but clear instructions. At the end of the training, the employee should be ble to understand and realize the matters thought in the training.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, Lets have a discussion :)