04 October 2009

Aslam's BlogBuzz >>>>> Aslam'sBuzz


It was Sunday and I had nothing much to do. After spending whole week with Ruby on Rails and Word-press theme design at office, Sunday has to be something innovative. I have been thinking to redesign my blog template for quite a few time. And finally it was today. Woke up bit too late and after the daily basic routine of breakfasts and other stuffs, I was in a complete good mood to give a new look to my blog.


My friends always used to make fun of my blog as it had hell a lot of colors and it was all shabby. But I loved my blog all the time. Why wouldn't I. It has won the best personal blog title twice from one of the blog contests and it earned me few dollars. Anyways it was today that I decided to give my blog a new look after one and half year long time. yes that does explain how busy I have been ;)



Looking for some good and attractive free blog templates online, I finally found this particular template from BloggerTricks.Com Template was cool, after checking it's demo, I decided this will be my new template at-least for some period of time.


In my previous blog template, I had installed Intense Debate commenting widget, and going ahead with this new template had the risk of getting rid of all my previous comments which was stored in IntenseDebate's server. But I had to take this risk to give a new look and feel for my blog. After the final installation, I had to make a lot of changes through this template. It had few problems which I had to fix manually. It did not have "Read More" option in the front page posts, so I had to write manual codes to get it fixed. Also top navigation bar was very dull, so worked on it to give some hover effects as well.


Well as of now everything seems to be fine with the template. I would be sticking with this template now. But I noticed one problem here, and that's whenever someone visits the blog for the first time in any browser, the browser asks them their twitter user-name and password. I think this has to be with the twitter updates widget installed in the template. I will be fixing this issue very soon.


Okay, what do you think about this new template of Aslam's BlogBuzz(Now Aslam'sBuzz)?
Do you find any issue with this particular look, if so please let me know your views so that I can work on it to make it more and more better.


So for now, CiaO ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Jeez this looks neat..might take me a while getting used to NOT seeing flashing colors and odd backgrounds.. hope this lasts long :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aslam ji. This is a very nice selection da.I like the theme a lot.Seeing neat blogs always make me an urge to create one for me as well-but im damn sure i wont update as you guys do ! And about this theme,only thing i found which is a bit negative is the post content presentation. I think it dont give someone a reason to go and read. Rest everything is perfect ! Iam sure you will be fixing everything - afterall this is the first day right ! ROCK ON MAN

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, Lets have a discussion :)